Wednesday, February 28, 2007

FRIENDS… now this is my second blog… and I think I have started with quite cool stuff in the first describing abt my life…now this one deals with what I have encountered in my life..and by far they have affected my life like anything… I guess whatever I am today.,..the credit goes to my friends..whether its good or bad…J

When I was a kid…. I wasn’t that good a friendmaker… I dint have anyone with whom I was close… with whom I could talk and roam around…probably coz I was too weak and shy to make one… and the situation was same till I reached RIMC… there I met people..from all over India… the best pupil of their state… they were really good… not all of them… but many of them… interactive…talkative…etc…and we shared so much in common that it was rather a necessity to interact.. and then I made friends… we had all sorts of things going around there..mass punishments, fear of getting caught doing some mistake (coz there were nearly 50 rules to be followed very strictly)and then man handling, hockey shots… and then all the burden of life among books and games and sports… hard time huh!!! But then I had friends to cheer me up everytime I was down… I remember hard times going for garhi round which was about 4 kms of roller coaster…I had friends all around me… they cheered me up on the way… and after coming back..that I could do better… to practice harder and all… there was something in that air which could never let me feel alone and incompetent…

Probably the first time I felt the need for social life there… when we had many guests all around during Reunion.. we had competitions…we had acads … and many more activities… well we were very close.. I mean my whole class.. We had so much of fun together.. we used to go for hikes..we used to live together..eat together… sit,chat,gossip,discussing about our match(both of them:P) together… but I never realized what’s the worth of a good friend… coz we had so many of them… I had loads to learn and I had even more persons to teach me..apart from that..there was very good junior-senior relationship despite the fact that during punishments period..they were the “Voldemorts”:P

Then I came to IIT… made really good friends here… very good.. they were in fact better than previous ones.. mostly coz they were a bit technical.. and I am a bit too obsessed with technical and scientific stuff… and I had broken the barrier of “not talking abt acads” as it used to be there in RIMC… and after a semester…they were so close to me that they could easily say what step I m going to take next.what am I going to speak.. and what am I thinking by looking at my facial expressions…they were in fact my best friends ever…coz they could predict me and coz they used to miss me as much as I used to miss their company …:D

But alas! We had to be separated…our hostels changed…before I used to be there in their room for all my waking hours…now I visit their rooms only sumtimes… I got so much depressed after my second sem…my friends were no longer in my wing…I couldn’t get my branch changed…. I dint know what I was going to do in my life… almost everything uncertain… I dint know what to do..I tried studying some other interesting stuff..but needed an instructor.. I quit hockey… I wanted to quit swimming too… but the team members were so good that I couldn’t leave their company…so I jus went for swimming… and now they are also my best friends in some sense..as I can approach them at any time for any problem… and I can expect best advice from them…

So I kinda thought that so called my “best friends” I had now..can understand me ..and help me in any situation… but now I have realized..we had come alone and we r going to leave alone… so there r nothing known as friends.. after four years of IIT I am sure none of us would ever get time to sit and chat like we do now… we will meet also or not is quite uncertain.. after leaving RIMC I haven’t met many of my friends… they r also busy with their stuff..and I am also busy with my stuff…. And my friends at IIT are also busy with their own commitments…so I am bound to find myself alone at many times…

I think the best friend could be someone who has shared a common past…is going to share a common future… and is sharing a common present too… now it isn’t possible to have so many things in common… so the idea of best friend becomes absurd….I think the only friend whom I can say is closest to my concept of best friend is Tanmaya… he has been consoling me during examination when I was depressed…. We used to hang out in staff canteen during midsems and endsems time…becoz he was also prepared and I was also prepared for my exams.. and he never used to give a damn if he gets bad marks due to me… coz he thinks it was rather important for him to make me feel better..giving me so much of enthu not to lose hope and all… and we even go out to staff canteen now.. when we both r in certain unwanted situation and we seek guidance and support…. Not that we would take away the problems and solve it for other… but because we always need support at least.. and that’s wat we give each other…

But then I do have friends who tend to ignore me… for whom I am friends jus for good times and when they need me.. or that’s what I feel… they never understand things.. and when they do something wrong… they never say sorry… they never thought it was worth bothering about… well I cant say much abt them …coz I feel very bad at times for them… sometimes I do cry for these things.. that why even being so close..they never understand… why do they always tend to make me a fool… and why do they expect me to forgive them.. may be my forgiveness becomes my weakness there…. I don’t know…

Anyways…now I wont think much abt this other category…. They probably don’t need me.. but I will always be there to help them..coz I love helping ppl… but I would cherish the times I have spent with all my friends whether good or bad.. after all ..these were what taught me to stand straight… to learn from my mistakes.. and be alone… helping me realize another truth of life!!!

5 comments:

Tanmaya Prasad said...

mast hai be... senti kar diya mujhe... and yes thank you very much... it means a lot to me... really!!!
waise i do think ki u should tell others about this blog too...
good work!!
~Tanmaya

Phoenix said...

sorry took so long to comment :( Actually puri tarah dimaag se nikal gaya ..
But seriously kafi honest account hain .U hav been exceptionally frank.
Aur haan senti to kar diya:D

Phoenix said...

btw kiska senti comment tumne delete kar diya :P ?

Unknown said...

arey tanmaya ne khud likhkar delete kiya tha....:D

Anonymous said...

Good post.